Friday 25 October 2019

Yesterday (Saturday) we arrived in Zaventem Airport, and walked to the bus, where we met 3 of the Belgian hosts. We also met 7 of the 8 Spanish people staying in Belgium for Erasmus. Senne, Kato and Kyara (the Belgian hosts we met) showed us around the city of Antwerp and we got Belgian waffles there. After sightseeing, we went shopping and later headed back to the bus. We drove to the Belgian hosts’ school , where I met my host family. We drove to their house in their car, and I gave them their gifts and played board games with them. They are all very nice.



Today (Sunday) I went to a museum with Marie, her friend Marie (Kate’s host), Marie’s mother and her friend. The museum had a lot of modern art and things that can only really be described as scary or “fears”. It was a bit creepy but very enjoyable. Kate loved it.




Today (Monday) I cycled to school with Marie, and met Kate and her student Marie on the way to cycle with them. We also cycled with a girl called Anna. At school, we presented our video and watched the Spanish and Italian presentations. We had a tour of the school and then we did a scavenger hunt around the city. We also went to the town hall and talked with the mayor of Sint Nikklaas. After school hours were over, we cooked boxty and colcannan in the kitchen and served it to the host families at a gathering at around half past six. We then went home, and Marie and I watched E.T.


Today (Tuesday) I taught my maths class, and the Spanish, Belgian and Italian students all taught their lessons too. The lesson went very well and the winners of bingo and kahoot got Tayto as a prize, and they liked it a lot. I also went to volleyball with Marie, Kate and Kato after school, which was great fun, and I won 1 out of 2 matches that I played. We then cycled home from volleyball and had pumpkin soup (we put cheese in it which I thought was very odd).





Today (Wednesday) We climbed up a big church tower, and then walked around the city for food and to shop a bit. We also went to Technopolis, which was such good fun, and we had to film a video explaining one of the science experiments in the museum. Our video went well. It was a good day.




Today (Thursday) We went to the Atomium, the House of European History, the European Parliament, and then we went shopping around Brussels. We were allowed to go around the square from around 3 to 7. I got presents for my whole family, and had a Belgian waffle too. When we met up at 7, we got the bus back to the library. I got everyone’s Instagram and said my last goodbyes to the Spanish, Belgians and Italians.




No comments:

Post a Comment